Big news! Are you an adjunct faculty? You can now join ACCESS at a reduced rate! Click under the “membership” tab and scroll down to the adjunct faculty membership button to join this dynamic group of Early Childhood Professionals.
LISTSERV information: this tool allows current members to communicate with the ACCESS community. To send a message to your fellow members simply send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email must come from the account you used for membership. If you have questions, contact Gayle Dilling, VP Communications for ACCESS at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associate Degree Early Childhood Teacher Educators – ACCESS to Shared Knowledge and Practice, commonly known as ACCESS, is a national, non-profit 501(c) (3) membership association.
Our purpose is to support and advocate for associate degree programs in the preparation of early childhood professionals who teach and care for young children from birth through age 8 across a variety of programs; and the instructors who teach in those programs. The organization is founded on the belief that learning is a lifelong process and that associate degree programs are an important link in early childhood professional preparation.
- Foster cooperation and coordination among professionals at all post-secondary institutions with a common interest in instruction and learning in early childhood.
- Promote the acquisition of a core body of knowledge at the associate degree level.
- Serve as active participants in an interrelated continuum of professional growth and education for children and families.
- Work with practitioners to ensure the availability of quality early care and education for children and families.
- Provide a professional network for sharing knowledge and support among early childhood educators at associate degree granting institutions.
- Address issues and concerns of members and promote the professional growth and education of early childhood practitioners.
- Collaborate with national organizations concerned with the study and education of young children.
- Promote and advocate for quality in early childhood care and education.